Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Verse for the Week

Sing to the Lord, all the earth! Tell of his salvation from day to day. ~ 1 Chron. 16:23 (ESV)

Our verse is in honor of last week's Grammy Awards. I find that these sorts of events provide me with an open door into Bizarre World. I mean, c'mon, who thought that it would be a good idea to have hardcore rapper Ludacriz introduce the "gospel" section of the show? And Mr. Humble, Kayne West, was such a picture of grace and class while accepting his award that you could almost forget that on his latest album all the songs are tagged for explicit lyrics. Not to mention the sexually suggestive banter between Kid Rock and a woman who recieved an award during the first Grammy show. I can't recall her name, but if this is the 50th anniversary and she was, say, 20 years old then, she would be 70 now - old enough to be Kid's grandmother.

Well, someone came and confiscated my soapbox, so I'll have to wrap up my tirade now. But first I would like to thank... oh, nevermind.

No comments: